Morrison University International Admission Requirements MS Computer Science:
1. TOEFL Results - The minimum TOEFL score required for admission to Morrison is 79, and the minimum IELTS is 6.5
2. GMAT/GRE- Minimum GMAT of 680 or a GRE score of 325
3. Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, completed and evaluated by WES showing the equivalent of a US Bachelor’s degree with a GPA equivalent of 3.40 out of 4.00 scale in their major with a course-by-course evaluation.
4. GPA requirements can be reduced by a factor of .020 for every three years of industry experience. I.e.: 6 years of industry experience can allow for 3.28 GPA equivalent, but no student below a 3.25 GPA shall be admitted.
5. A student may enroll in undergraduate major courses to bring GPA level to Morrison admission standards, as well. Courses must be through Morrison undergraduate extension, self-study courses online; via another US college or university, or in the student’s home country with course-by-course evaluation by WES or another approved evaluation service.
6. Undergraduate degree must be completed in a Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related subject. Any student who wishes to apply without a degree in the above fields must complete the following foundation courses: Advanced Calculus, Systems Programming, Data Analytics, Programming Languages, Algorithm Analysis, Computer Architecture, Network Security, Probability & Statistics.
7. Student’s transcripts shall be evaluated by the admission team. If any student is deemed deficient in any of the core subjects, the student must complete these courses before being admitted into the program.
8. A student may enroll in undergraduate courses to make up deficiencies for Morrison admission standards, as well. Courses must be through Morrison undergraduate extension, self-study courses online; via another US college or university, or in the student’s home country with course-by-course evaluation by WES or another approved evaluation service.
9. A student’s application will also require a portfolio which includes two undergraduate projects, preferably from the end of the student’s fourth year of study.
10. Students must also complete a 1000-word original essay that answers the following questions in detail that explain:
o What are the student’s goals in life?
o Why does the student want to attend Morrison University?
o What the student hopes to achieve with a Morrison graduate degree?
11. Lastly, the student will be scheduled for a 1-on-1 or panel interview with the Morrison admission team.
*Disclaimer: All students are encouraged to apply to the Morrison College of Computer Science. All applications are reviewed in a holistic manner and outstanding applicants short of some standards may be granted probationary admission at the discretion of the College of Computer Studies. In addition, meeting the general requirements does not guarantee admission into the College of Computer Studies. *